Creature Feature Challenge

Happy Wednesday everyone.  This morning I'd like share my DT creature feature card I made for Cricut Cardz Challenge #116.  Our directive this week was to create a Halloween themed card using the card feature from any cartridge and colors of our chosing.  For my card, I chose the original Wild Card cartridge. 

I have looked at this cut many times but never chose to use it before this week, and I'm glad I finally did because I love the way it turned out.  To make this card I cut the entire card feature from one of my card blanks.  I then made a second cut of the pumpkin portion of the card so that I could layer papers of my chosing.  So using papers from a Recollections Halloween mat stack I bought last year I cut my layers for the pumpkin.  I then took a scrap piece of yellow paper and layered it between the card feature and pumkin cut to give my pumpkin that yellow candle glowing look for the eyes and mouth.  And finally I took yet another sheet from the same mat stack and cut it down strategically to have some little hooligans peeking out through the blades of grass.




As for the little ghost floating around, he's from the Create a Critter 2 cartridge.

And now that you've seen my card for this week's challenge take a moment to pop in over at Cardz TV and check out all the other fabulous creations our team made this week.  I promise you will not be disappointed.  Then create your own card, link up and play along with us.

I look forward to seeing what creature feature you create.

3 comments:

Migdalia said...

What a Super Cute Card!!TFS
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Sharon said...

WOW!!! This is fantastic!! Love it! :)

Scrapper69 said...

This is awesome! I love the paper and the ghost popping up from behind the pumpkin.... :o)